Monday 19 September 2016

Not recommending the Dengue weight loss program!

Bonjour tous le monde…

I am back to 100% this week. The last two weeks I have just been super tired. Just a little bit more info on the Dengue fever event.  I lost 8 kilos in about 9-ish days. One week before I got the dengue, I ripped two pairs of my pants because my thighs were starting to get big. I repaired the pants and didn’t wear them until after I got sick. Now I basically swim in the pants, so there shouldn’t be any pants ripping problems for at least a little while. I’m starting to gain weight again already because 90% of our faatamaaraa's (meals with families) are either some variation of chicken and rice or fish with pork or something super protein rich like that. It is really easy to put on weight with a diet like ours. Long story short, I never want to have dengue ever again. 

My new comp is Elder Faatau, he is waiting his visa for the Australia Brisbane mission. He is super cool actually. I like working with him. He helps the companionship stay on track when we are dealing with this or that.

My Tahitian is coming along really well. I can speak pretty simply, but I can speak none the less. There is kind-of a joke going on in our English class, that I teach English, but when a new word comes up, I need to know it in Tahitian.  I've come to realize that I’ve learned so much with my last four Tahitian companions. Only two of them actually speak Tahitian, but still it’s better than before. We still have tons of opportunities to speak Tahitian. FUNNY storry, on the boat going to Moorea, the wind was so strong that is blew my French name tag into the ocean right about halfway between Tahiti and Moorea. So I only have OROMETUA GOODWIN tags left. That has given me more oportunities to speak Tahitian. 

This week went well, we ended up doing a lot of splits with The zone leaders, It was fun for me to serve with an English speaker again. The dynamic serving with an American is very different. Overall, I’m just happy that I’m back to normal. The Ward freaked out the week after I had dengue. This sunday all the old ladies in the Ward were giving me there tips on what medicine to take and what to eat. 

I’m sorry for the lame emails the past couple of weeks.

Ua Here Vau ia outou. (I love you all)

Ua nehenehe to'u tiho i roto to'u piripou. (My butt looks nice in these pants)

Elder Goodwin


Before dengue fever
After dengue fever. (Please note very sad face)
With most of my zone! Note photo-bomb face!
From my Moorea "Balade" (bike ride)
Moorea




Moorea is quiet and calm and very lush.



No comments:

Post a Comment