Monday 14 August 2017

Logistics, luggage and lots of change

Hey guys!

In answer to your inquiry, I don't really need much in the package. Maybe a little Canadian souvenir for my new companion. 

Heh heh, soooooo, yeah... this week was pretty crazy hectic (spell check please)! We had the hugest transfer call I’ve ever seen. Literally half our zone was white washed. (editors note: this is a term for when you take out a whole companionship and put in two completely new missionaries).  And all the missionaries were leaving last Friday. So all day Thursday, we were dropping everyones' stuff at the boat and picking people up to go to the airport. We haven’t recieved our new truck yet so we only have one Toyota Avanza on the island to get everything and everyone around. Elder Terry and I may have set a world record by fitting 9 large suit cases, 1 bike and a back pack in that little car all at the same time. We also dropped nine missionaries off at the airport and picked up 6. Just for Raiatea and Tahaa. 

So my new comp. is Elder Omorodion from France. Although he was born in Nigeria and stayed there until he was six years old. He’s a very cool dude! It’s nice to have a French companion because it helps me speak less Tahitian creole. He’s been on his mission for about 15 months now. So he’s still got a lot of time left. 

It was sad to see Elder Terry go. By tomorrow he will be with his family. It was kinda hard to serve with someone who is finishing… because he was thinking and talking a lot about school and home life. So it made me think of those things too for a while... but all is well now! 

Yes… I’ve now been on four of the five islands of Raromatai (the Leeward Island group). The only island in the group I haven’t visited is the island of Maupiti. I had a companion from there. It’s very small. Only 12 kilometres around. 

The district has changed a lot, so I will have to send an updated picture next week. The picture I sent is the old district before the transfer. 

The work went well this week, but since we are the only car on the island for the moment, we had lots of little errands that hugely distracted us from getting a lot of work done. Normally by friday we'll be good.

Thanks for the picture guys, you guys are lookin good!

Love you guys! have an awesome week!


Elder Goodwin 

A selfie in case you forgot what I look like
Raiatea District before the big transfer this week
The picture Mom and Dad sent me that I commented on...

No comments:

Post a Comment