Monday 3 July 2017

Raromatai keeps moving forward...

Dear friends and family,

Looks like fun! (we sent pictures of Canada Day stuff). To be honest I pretty much forgot about Canada Day this year. I shall repent of this transgression!

Hey guys. This week was pretty great. Still haven’t met the new Mission Pres. (Steven R Fox) yet but we will meet him in person on Thursday when companion (Elder Terry) and I fly down to Tahiti for our meeting with him and his wife. 

The fun thing about being Zone Leader here is that we get to fly to Papeete every other month for leadership training meetings. We are also going to be training all the Ward mission leaders in Raromatai (the group of islands consisting of Bora Bora, Tahaa, Huahine, and Maupiti) this month. We have a huge tour planned out. It'll keep us crazy busy during July and the beginning of August we will fly down to Huahine for a meeting and some splits. 

My comp and I have been doing a lot of sports lately, for reasons that will remain un mentioned. We have been running 5k a day for a couple weeks now. 

In other news. The reality of my companions impending death (That is mission lingo for someone going home… Russell will “kill” his companion) has made me give a bit of thought on how I want my after mish life to go. This would involve some goal fixing and an establishment of a budget. I may need a laptop for school and life in general. Hows the car doing? Will my clothes be completely out of date? There are many more questions rolling around in my head. 

I’ve also been thinking of all the literal crap I have in my room that I will never need. I feel like we need to burn/ throw out/ give away pretty much everything I own and start fresh. These are things to ponder so that we may fix some goals and create some plans. 

Oh and my missionary account tells me that it is Elder Manari'i serving in the home Ward. (Elder Manari"i from Tahiti is serving in Calgary 2nd Ward—our home congregation). He’s from Arue, north of Papeete… I've never served there but I know some Elders that have probably eaten with his family. His name means "powerful king" or "king a power". Just to let you guys know. 

We might go do a hike with the district. Tahaa missionaries is normally ferrying down as well. All is well. Thanks for being the best! All in all life is great. The work keeps moving forward! Love you guys!

Elder Goodwin


Last p-day at Taputapuatea way in the South East side of the island.

Elder Terry and I wearing some Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment