Wednesday 18 October 2017

Conference, great member missionary work and a hike too!

Helllo! Family! 

First thing is first. Sorry for not emailing on Monday. We had a General Authority who came down and made us displace our P-day so that we could do some zone conférences. We had a bunch of trainings all week with him, so we didn’t have a whole lot of time in our area. But we still managed to get a lot of work done this week. 

This week I witnessed the best member missionary work I’ve ever seen. Our Bishop has been motivating the members a lot and they are for sure doing their darndest to help our investigators feel integrated. We honestly don’t even have to engage our investigators anymore because the members are inviting them and helping them 24/7. Thanks to their efforts we scheduled three baptisms this week. And there are about four more that could be fixed by next Sunday. The difference a supportive member can make in the life of an investigator is infinitely important. 

I was able this morning to go to the market en ville and pic up a few things that I’ve been meaning to buy for a while. 

Oh and I will likely get my wooden sculpture stuff fumigated and shipped. I will get the rest of the stuff from Raiatea this week normally. So I'll start shipping it all as soon as possible. It doesn’t seem to be soooo expensive, the Mission office seems to know how the system works. 

The hike today was really a hike because two out of the three waterfalls were closed off because of flood damage. But it was fun anyways. 

Do you guys want anything that I can get a hold of here. I bought some more pareos made with a different material. 

Sorry for not emailing on Monday. I still love you guys! See you guys in 19 days!

Elder Goodwin

A random picture of the water fall. 


A picture of a duckling that the Elders in our zone saved from some bully chickens. 
His name is Ricky.

No comments:

Post a Comment