Monday 2 October 2017

Great area... the apartment AC is killing me

To my people,

Fun times here in Tiarei (on Tahiti). Our area is pretty big. It covers from the tunnel all the way until Hitia. So we take care of the third largest area in the mission (Tevaitoa/Vaiaau). Anyways, this area is really great. It is the lesser populated side of Tahiti and we have some super great ocean views with waves crashing into rocks right beside your car as you drive. We drive a pick-up truck, kinda like the old white one we had on Raiatea before we got “Kelly" (our new truck). Normally, we are going try and do the Faarumai waterfall hike in the coming P-days. It is right in the middle of our area.

We have AC in our room in our house. That being the first house on my mission that has had AC in it. I got pretty unlucky when it comes to missionary homes. We set the thing to 23°C and I swear I almost died from the cold. My extremities were starting to go numb. I have absolutely no Idea how I am going to survive in Canada.

My companion is Elder Hollowell from North Carolina. I didn’t know him too well before this but I knew a lot of Elders that served with him, and he knew a bunch of my old companions. So we got along really well right away. Honestly... he's a golden companion to finish with. He finishes his mission on the transfer after me, so we are literally the two “oldest" Elders in the mission right now. And, in our house we have the Elders of Hitia who are not technically part of our zone. But Elder Koyle (Idaho) and Elder Hone (Utah) are in the house with us. Koyle has been out one transfer and Hone Got Here last Monday! So we are the two oldest and they are the two youngest. Fun times.

We have been sooooo busy this week. We have a bunch of really great investigators here. This area won’t give me any time to be trunky. But I'm really starting to realize that I’m going to miss this place a lot. French Polynesia has become my home. I have come to know the people, the culture, the language, and the area in general---that I no longer feel like I’m serving far from home. It feels like I am home. 

Well, life is sweet, I hope my Facebook will stop being messed up. Faaitoito (good luck). Satan’s trying to get one last stab in right before I come home. (Editor’s note: Elder Goodwin’s Facebook was hacked today and Michele spent the day trying to get it suspended and investigated).

Love you guys!

Elder Goodwin

Farewell pictures from Raiatea


My Ward Mission leader on Raiatea... one of my best friends while on my mission

Our guide for all the great hikes!

On splits in Tiarei, going proselyting in the jungle.

There is a good lagoon in Tiarei, so we have a pretty rocky and wavy sea side. Super cool.

Random picture in our area.


No comments:

Post a Comment