Monday 9 October 2017

Serving a big, big area

My people,

We now live at the far end of our area in the community of Hitia. Our area is really big. If you were to look on Google maps or Google Earth, when you see a little atol called Variararu, there is a little lighter looking blotch in the water in between the atol and the island of Tahiti. The best way of explaining it, is that we live just on the sea side of the highway not far from that little blotch. Good luck finding the appartement. (editor’s note: Elder Goodwin’s spelling is getting very French) Our area keeps going a couple kilometres farther after that. 

I bet it was nice to see tha fam jam a little bit this week. Hannah sent me a picture of Caleb, he's huge now. 

Our ward is really great. We have a Young bishop who is very motivated and very consecrated to his calling. I got to do a couple visits with him on split this week. Super great guys. He has three Young kids, so his house is always hectic, yet you can see that having a family is his greatest source of joy. 

I haven’t been able to see any of my previous investigators or new converts. We just live on a really far part of the island and we have to have special authorization to leave our zone. We are trying to work out occasions to meet up. I know my last week on my mission, another elder who is finishing is going to come with me and we are going to do a tour of the island visiting people. I'll keep you guys posted.

We are going to be doing the little three waterfall hike thingy this afternoon with most of the zone. 

I feel bad, i really don’t have a lot to report this week. We just worked a lot and taught a bunch of lessons. If you have more questions feel free to ask.

Love you guys!


Elder Goodwin

My companion,  Elder Hollowel, from North Carolina, and I

No comments:

Post a Comment