Monday 20 June 2016

Settling in to my new secteur at Papehue

Yo guys! 

This week was a good week. T’was interesting getting used to the new secteur. So I am senior companion as well, which is strange for me, but I can dig it.
 
The zone I am in is a lot more chill compared to Puunauia, but the work is overall the same. Papehue is a secteur that, about a month ago, they were only teaching 2-4 lessons a week, and they had only had two baptisms the entire year. But this week we managed to teach 16 lessons, which is the most lessons the secteur had had for a week in the year. So life is doing alright, I’m really liking the district missionaries so far--they are super sick. 

My companion is awesome. He is Elder Tapuhiro, he comes from the island Maupiti, speaks perfect Tahitian, so my Tahitian has been improving soooooo much. 

Cool event of the week, is that I bought a hand-made Tahitian ukelele. It costs me 10000 pacific francs (with a missionary discount!), instead of  20000 to 30000 francs.  I don’t have a picture of it, but I will take one for you. It is very, very beautiful. My companion has been teaching me Tahitian songs on it, and I’m starting to get a lot better on the thing.
Other than that, life is going well. I’m enjoying the secteur, it is less city-like than Taapuna, so it is a lot more agreeable to my taste. Life is good. Don’t worry about me!
Elder Goodwin. 
I bought my ukelele from the guy, that made this one. I didn't buy a double one though...



A sign in my secteur

No comments:

Post a Comment