Monday 4 April 2016

General Conference week...

This past Sunday’s General Conference was great.  I really enjoyed it.  I actually got to watch it in English at 6 oclock in the morning. It was a challenge because we had to drive to pick up the Sister Missionaries of Nuuroa and Punaruu. So we woke up at 4 in the morning twice (Sat and Sun). Long story short I went to bed at like 8 o’clock Sunday night. 

The secteur is good. It has been really slow this week. But life is continuing. 

Here is a funny experience this week. So the Elders living in the house with me and Elder Owens are on bike, but they have three huge mountains in their area, so sometimes we have to drop them off at the very top. Well, one of these times we didn't have a lesson and Elder Stewart and Elder McGrevy invited us to stay and sit in on their investigator. Well, their investigator was seriously drunk. He started asking us about where we were from and Owens said "USA baby!” The fellow immediately starts talking about how a America blew up Hiroshima. We get him to stop talking enough to say the prayer and we start talking to him about the Gospel. Well, he says something cool and I give him knuckles. He then leaves his hand up there like he wants a high five. So Owens obliges. He starts to laugh and then he starts grabbing our heads and pushing them down while he laughs. After that he wanted to take a bunch of model shots with the Elders. Anytime though I'd try to get out he would scream "Come here American! Right next to me!" So ya. Super ‘great' and a little awkward.

I talked to Jordan (Bester) a couple times. His visa finally came and he is in the U.S. right now (From Halifax mission (NFLD) to New Hampshire mission). I can't imagine changing missions, because every mission does things a bit differently. It would be weird to get used to the Mission culture. And Brent (Bester) told me a couple weeks ago that he was going to buy a ring... so I’ve known for a while. 

My companion is the District leader now. That makes all three of my companions being district leader. Carrément Top! 

Well I gotta go. I hope next week is better than this week. 

Peace out homies.
Elder Goodwin

Elder Owens ducking a flying water bottle...
Mission genealogy... me in the lower right.
Tahitian style tattoo design
This week's random photo

No comments:

Post a Comment