Monday 8 May 2017

Travels et travaux

Salut friends, 

We worked out with a member how we are going to do the Skype call on Mother’s Day. Normally we will be calling around 12:30 p.m. or 1:00 p.m. our time. So just after Church for us. I’m excited because it will be the last Skype call of my mission!  The next time you will see my face not in picture---will be when I step off the plane. Heh heh… don't think about that too much, it'll just make you sad.

This week has been super great. We found a couple of really potential investigators this week, and thanks to a couple of members that know them, we had really great lessons with them. I can’t wait to see how they progress in the gospel.  We also have a baptism coming up on the 20 of May. Its' an old man that has followed the lessons for years and finally is planning his baptism. He is super pumped. Literally everytime he sees us he says "bien tots!!! papetito!!!!" Papetito means baptism in Tahitian. We teach him in Tahitian and he helps us out, and corrects our grammar when we make mistakes. Overall love the guy. I wish you guys could meet him.

My companion, Elder Peel and I also got to take a plane this week to Tahiti for a Reunion with President Bize. It was super fun. We got to go to the temple and do a little bit of shopping that you can’t do in Ra’iatea. (including a trip to MacDonalds). We got to stay with the Zone leaders of Fa’a’a, That was really fun. It was weird to be in Tahiti again. There were so many cars it scared me. Bora Bora and Ra’iatea have, like, no traffic. So it was weird to travel on highways again. I also don’t think I’ve driven faster than 60 km/h since 2016.
The reunion was great. I learned a lot… and we had a lot of stuff to share with the zone.

I’m super down to make you guys some 'poisson cru.' i also am trying to find a way to send some fafaru water (fermented sea water) home. I’ve heard of Missionaries doing it. If not we might have to find a way to buy sea water back home, and we can ferment it.

That’s all i have for this week. Love you guys!

Elder Goodwin


Pilgrimage to the fast food gods.


Elder Peel and I had a trip to the Temple this week. What a nice break.

Our district. 
Left to right: Soeur Weyland, Soeur Larsen, Soeur Basset, Soeur Rakotomalala (Madagascar), Elder Peel, Elder ME, Elder Hanson, Elder Alfred (fun fact about Elder Alfred, he was in my EFY (Especially For Youth company in France.)



No comments:

Post a Comment